Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why they hate me so bad?

I just heard the craziest news this weekend, America... I mean, I've some foul shit said about me in my day but this one here I had to inform y'all about. Someone said that, and I quote "They don't see success when they look at me," some of you are like "who said that" others my say "why woutld they say that" My answer to that is the individual that said it irrelevant but why would they say that is the question. I had to sit back and think about it and ask myself that question. How could you derive a 20 year old full time student, full time mechanical designer of 3 years making a little under 30K+ a year be considered an unsuccessful person. Honestly I don't know I think that is a bougie person view on a person that is still growing up. For those who don't know the word bougie is a slang term for a person who acts as if their proverbial shit doesn't stink. Look at my credentials and you be the judge if I am not the image of pending success

1. I'm 20 years old making just about 30K+ WITHOUT a college degree. How many 20 year olds in college make that much money? We won't even mention those that don't have the degree (I'm not hating just puttin numbers up.)

2. How many mechanical engineers do you know without a college degree? I know two (shouts out to Jeremy Kissel, Ricky Hemphil & Tim Kaelin Jr.) For all you Jesse Jackson fans how many do you know that are black? Shouts out to Darryl Steward because that's the only one that I know

3. While holding down a full time job @ MHS, I am also a full time student at ITT Tech. All my college students know that holding down ANY job and balancing your education is no easy task. Balancing a load that heavy exhibits heart, responsibility and dedication to finishing everything that you start.

4. Since I mentioned my job, I might as well mention that I have been mechanical design since high school. No average cat wanting apply to McDonalds or Wendy can do what the fuck I can do. I have skill beyond my years (shouts out to Jeremy, Ricky & Tim again because they can feel me on that)

After listing those facts and credentials I'll let you be the judge... Am on the path to failure or success. The numbers will let me know everything I need. Usually after I lay the facts I would give the individual with the retarded comments a stinging tirade of words but this time I won't. This time I'll just prove them wrong... trust me... it won't be hard and it won't take long.

No comments: