Saturday, November 1, 2008

F*ck Don Imus!!!

What's good America... I'm sure you saw the title so you know what this here is about. BUT, I will throw you a curve and alot of you will probably, disagree, get pissed and very adverse reactions to what I am about to say. Don Imus is coward, a racist bitch and sexist caveman BUT his latest comment on the air WAS NOT a racist one! The comment WAS sexist in every sense of the word and had racial undertones but was not meant for the sole purpose to insult the black race. We all know how racist that old wiley piece of shit is but you have to take an intelligent look at it before you try to play the race card. I know, I know some of y'all are a bit shocked but look at the comment and try to break it down and understand why I feel this way.

He called the women "Nappy headed ho's" from an intelligent and unbiased P.O.V take these factors into account.

1. To take this comment to as a racist one you would then have to associate the word "nappy" with every black person on earth when that simply isn't so. The word "nappy" as the dictionary defines it as matted tangled hair impenatrable by a comb. You know just as I do, with an afro or not a comb will travel through a black persons hair. I have had several afro's and I can run a comb through it without a single snag. I know I am not the only one dammit

2. The word "Ho" means slut or whore. I really don't even have to explain this one if you listen to rap music. For those that don't the word ho has synonym saying black women therefore it aint the same fucking thing.

This should be a wake up call for all people for several reasons. The way that we talk to each other as blacks some think it's funny, it's also what some of us grew up on and for others it's all they know. Everybody has their own reason why we use certain terms of endearment that aren't socially acceptable but on that same thought eventually someone will say "If they can say that to each other, how come I can't say without meaning any harm?" Nobody is buying the double standard anymore.

No comments: