Saturday, November 1, 2008

2k8... Intro To The Inevitable

As most of you already know it is the new year and 2k7 is long gone. The average person would follow that sentence with "This is my year" but I'm not the ordinary joe. Throw an "extra" in front of that ordinary and you've got me but that's another topic. The topic is just that line "This is my year"... My homie Ian says that and I roughly quote "Everyone says this is my year but goes on to do the same exact shit they did the year before" and he's more or less correct. Everyone on the face of this planet says that same line and repeat all the same mistakes they made last year and end up "broker", "lonelier" (if that's a word) or more lame than the prior revolution around the sun.

Me, on the other hand am quite different than the collective. Each and every year I reinvent myself in the model of success. Last year those first six months were not so good to me. I kept some friends and dropped others, I was stricken by illness, relationship problems (not caused by the participants of course), monetary issues and a major family crisis. Eventually I bounced back and turned the rest of the year into a huge success. No more stomach viruses, all the zeroes in my bank account are preceeded by big numbers, me and wifey are fantastic (shook the haters off and dropped a couple unwanted guests) and my family has stabilized. Sure I have the momentum to take this year to new heights but I plan to do better than ride momentum. I've got big things in store for 2k8 and they will all come to pass. This blog is designed to prepare those that are listening and reading.

If you don't what success looks like check me or those close to me out... we'll be sure to show you...

Peace out

No comments: